These leftover chocolate bar blondies are perfect for making after Christmas – or Halloween! They’re thick, chewy, and full of miniature candy bars! Plus, you can customise them with all your favourite chocolates – they could even work well for using up leftover valentines chocolate, too.
I know that the idea of leftover chocolate sounds a little strange, but hear me out. You know those chocolates that everyone avoids on Christmas day? The ones that nobody really particularly likes? This is the perfect way to improve them! After all, you effectively get to eat blondies and chocolate bars at once – which is a great concept, I must say.
They’re ridiculously easy as well. To make these chocolate bar blondies, you only need one bowl and no stand mixer! The most difficult part is working out roughly how much half the mix is – I’m awful at estimating, honestly. Other than that, melting the butter would have to be the hardest part.
Getting the chocolate bars sandwiched inside the blondies is a little bit fiddly, but not difficult either. Just spread half the mixture over the bottom of your baking tray, layer your candy bars on top and then layer over the rest of your blondie mix!
This recipe actually has the same base as both my cinnamon & white chocolate blondies and my black forest brownies – the recipe is definitely one to keep on hand and customise to your tastes! Although, to be honest, you can’t go wrong with this version – it’s certainly my favourite one so far!
The only issue that you might have is the fact that some chocolate bars burst when baked. This mainly seems to happen to those with honeycomb or cookie pieces inside, but other creamy nougat-type fillings could burst as well. It’s all ok though really – while they might look a little messy they’ll still taste great!
Chocolate Bar Blondies
These thick and chewy blondies are full of leftover mini chocolate bars - perfect for using up anything leftover from Christmas!
- 115 grams (1 stick) butter, melted
- 215 grams (1 cup, packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 130 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 mini chocolate bars, approximately
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line an 8×8 inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter to a large bowl and whisk in the sugar until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk in gently until smooth and glossy.
- Add the flour and salt, whisking in until just thoroughly, evenly combined.
- Pour the half mix into the prepared tray, spreading it evenly. Top with mini chocolate bars and then the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until just cooked through but still gooey and fudgy in the middle. Leave to cool inside the tray. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Some mini chocolate bars may burst slightly, depending on their fillings. This only affects the appearance of the blondies - they'll still taste good!
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 blondie
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 8gSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 24gSugar 12gProtein 2g
All nutrition information is an estimate and may vary.
If you’re looking for more seasonal chocolate desserts, try my Terry’s chocolate orange cupcakes – they’re so fudgy, gooey and just divine!
Leave a Reply